22 June 2011

The Cadillac of Flower Pots

First, please let me remind you that I am a meteorologist, not an artist, so my serious lack of skills in Microsoft Paint should be grudgingly accepted by all who view this post.

I just finished watching the NHL awards to bid my favorite sport goodbye until the preseason next fall. When Tim Thomas and Zdeno Chara, of the championship winning Boston Bruins, brought out the Stanley Cup, I had an instant mental image. This is the closest I could get to putting it down on "paper:"
Imagine planting this year's petunias in the Holy Grail of hockey! I mean no disrespect to this greatest of trophies...if you've read or heard any of the myriad stories of debauchery that have gone on around the Cup, even a bowl full of dirt would be cleaner than some of that stuff.

On second thought, this is the Stanley Cup. Petunias might be too common. Maybe some rare heirloom tomatoes instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment