01 August 2011

I've Got the Blues

I've just finished our first week back to school (we have a bit of a non-traditional schedule), and even though it is still summer outside, being back in a classroom makes me feel like cold and miserable winter is peeking over my shoulder. I love my job, but it gets in the way of digging in the dirt and slaying Japanese beetles.

We were trying to decide how to prepare our blue potatoes, and decided to use my Aunt Pat's fabulous potato salad recipe with them. It is a little odd-looking, but very tasty, and eating periwinkle-colored potato salad has grown on me.
I'd also like to share a product recommendation...Repels-All. The cutest, tiniest little rabbit was doing the biggest, baddest job on my produce, and this stuff keeps it far, far away. I just sprayed it on the stones surrounding my garden, and even the squirrels stay back. The active ingredients are garlic oil, putrefying egg solids, and dried blood. It smells freaking foul - I gagged a bit after catching a whiff - but the smell dies down quickly and it does its job. Thank you, Repels-All!

Confidential to the rabbit: come back and eat my new carrot sprouts, and you become cacciatore.

No comments:

Post a Comment